2007年6月28日木曜日

Global Warming Quiz Let's become a global warming professor!!

1. What is Ozone?

a) Related to Oxygen
b) A pollutant
c) An important part of atmosphere
d) All of the above



The correct answer is d)
Atmospheric ozone blocks ultraviolet rays; ground-level
ozone is a component pf smog.


2. What does not contribute to the greenhouse effect?

a) Methane from livestock
b) The hole in the ozone layer
c) Industrial pollutants
d) Auto Emissions

The correct answer is b)
The atmosphere traps heat from the sun, much like a greenhouse.
The ozone hole lets harmful ultraviolet rays in.

3. Which activity does not reduce global warming?

a) Using a dishwasher
b) Using a power strip for electronics
c) Driving an electric car
d) Leaving a computer on



The correct answer is d)
Leaving a computer on
Save money and reduce emissions by turning

electronics off when not in use.



4. Does global warming mean that every place on Earth is getting warmer?

a) No, just summers are warmer
b) No, but world average is rising
c) Yes, every spot on Earth is hotter
d) No, only certain spots




The correct answer is b)
Expert estimate that the average temperature will

rise 2.5 to 10.4 degrees Fahrenheit by 2100.

2 件のコメント:

jodias さんのコメント...

Making a quiz was a very nice idea. It makes it possible to learn about global warming in an enjoyable way. I was surprised to see that using a dishwasher doesn't contribute to global warming! Why not?
Cheers,
Joseph D.

Mika さんのコメント...

I enjoyed your global warming quiz!! I thought I knew about ozone and green house effect a little bit but actually my answer was wrong. I thought I have to study about this issue more and more.

To stop the temperature raise, I thought I have to save energy of electricity. My family doesn’t use a dish washer so I think we have to turn off computers when we are not using it. We have two computers and all most every day, we turn on two of them. Computers are always on because we are lazy to turn off. From this quiz I felt we did very bad thing to environment. If we don’t turn off the computer, I heard it isn’t good for computer too!!The lifetime of the computer could shorten. To save earth and electric products, I will turn off when I’m not using the electric goods.